Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First day back..

Yesterday marked my first day back in the gym. I was so nervous like a total newbie, but I guess that's to be expected when you haven't stepped foot in the gym in 8 months. I took it easy, no heavy lifting. Just 2 sets of a full body workout which for those that know me, you know that is my least favorite training split. However, for the time being it works because I don't want to push it or overdo anything. Weights are also super light. I mean for the first time ever I found myself glued to the 5-10lb dumbbells but don't worry folks...they were not pink. Haha! Then I finished with 20min of cardio on the treadmil at 2.5 speed and 4.0 incline. Hopefully I can increase all of that a tad bit next week?! When I got home I really felt like death..like maybe I had pushed myself too hard even though I really wasn't doing anything. Today I am feeling much better with just some pain in my lower back that I suspect is residual from my epidural when I had Mikey.

Eats yesterday was more but all good. I didn't go off plan or anything like I did a couple days ago when 3 pumpkin white chocolate cookies found their way into my mouth. I did eat a little bit more though because I was working out and made sure to keep my mouth closed after 1 cookie. haha! Today I'm gonna go a little bit lighter only because I am not planning on working out. I had planned to do cardio but that just isn't happening today. I'm too tired and my back really is annoying me. So onward to eats from yesterday:

Yesterday's Nutrition:
Meal 1: Worldwide pure protein bar
Meal 2: baked tilapia with roasted carrots, potatoes, onions, bellpepper
Meal 3: Myoplex RTD chocolate protein shake
Meal 4: turkey sausage, 1 slice american cheese, bread, 100 cal pack cookies
Meal 5: pork tenderloin, butter garlic crackers
snack: way too many cookies. Oops!

Today's Nutrition:
Meal 1: 2 white cheddar rice cakes, maple peanut butter (unmeasured)
Meal 2: garlic tuna in oil, butter garlic crackers
Meal 3: myoplex rtd protein shake
Meal 4: baked tilapia, mixed veggies (green beans, carrots, corn, peas)
Meal 5: pork tenderloin, mixed veggies, multi-vitamin
snack: 250 cal pumpkin white chocolate cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment